The palace was built between the end of the 15th and the beginning of the 16th centuries by the architect Guglielmo de Lera, probably inspired by the client, the humanist, Benedetto Fodri. The building is one of the most interesting testimonies of civic architecture in Lombardy during the transition period between the 15th and 16th centuries.
The façade is on two levels divided by a floor divided by a terracotta string course. The frames of the windows of the main floor are also of terracotta as is the strip under the eaves. Of note is the small perspective marble door (1493) by Alberto Maffiolo da Carrara. A hallway with small domes decorated by Antonio della Corna (1469-1494) leads to a courtyard with a trapezoidal plan, which is one of the most representative from the Renaissance period in Lombardy. It consists of a portico on three sides, two of which, to the left and to the right, are supported by elegant columns. The third side, to the front, is supported by pilasters, perhaps from Rhodes. The rich, dense decoration in terracotta, attributed to De Staulis, is part of the local ornate tradition.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!