Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Violin-making @ Cremona in numbers
- 154 workshops of violin-makers, a unique system in the world that employs 197 people (but it is estimated that the real number of the operators reaches 230-250 people);
- main organizing structure: individual workshop;
- tradition passed down also in family workshops;
- the 42% of Cremona workshops has a foreign owner. Among the origin countries Japan, South Korea and France;
- just a little less than 40% of the workshops with a foreign owner were born in the last decade;
- in 2015, export of music instruments of Cremona Province – almost completely string instruments – reached the amount of 4,225,170 €, an increase of +11,85% in comparison with 2014. Since 1995 this economic value has increased by +553,23%, without side-effects provoked by the economic crisis. In 2015, the 80,39% of export of music instruments of Cremona Province involved Asia; the 52,58% was only towards Japan, followed by Hong Kong (12,14%) and the United States (10,57%).